This previous quarter (2nd) has been tremendously busy with people drivng and flying in to see some beautiful homes whether or not it is for a primary home, investment home, or as an occasional getaway...the interest rates and inventory are just too hard to pass up.
Wilmington Regional Association of REALTORS® has posted six major zip codes in our region - 28403, 28405, 28409, 28411, 28412 and 28451 - (does not include the beach areas) an average of the zip codes for the second quarter of 2012 shows that:
- Our average sales price has increased by 5.4% from 1st Quarter 2012.
- Of the 895 sellers in 2nd Quarter - 32% paid some sort of concession toward the purchase of the house, up from 30% last quarter.
- Our list to sales price ratio for 2nd Quarter is 95.86% an increase from 95.63% for 1st Quarter 2012.
- The average list price of the sold properties is $232,792 and is up 5.1% from 1st Quarter 2012.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for 2nd Quarter was 143 days, compared to 169 days for 1st Quarter 2012.
- The median sold price of $180,000 for 2nd Quarter has increased 5.9% from 1st Quarter 2012.
I will be happy to provide to you the full report for each individual zip code ... just send me a quick email with "AREA REPORT" and I will be happy to forward it on to you.
Stay cool and safe,
Desiree Whalen, Exclusive Buyer Representative