Wilmington, North Carolina
Nestled between the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean, Wilmington is the county seat for New Hanover county in southeastern North Carolina. Founded in 1739, the city was named after the Earl of Wilmington - a British Whig statesman who served continuously in government from 1715 until his death.
Rich in Civil War history and widely known for its natural beauty, Wilmington has been used as a backdrop for many feature films and productions - most notably in films "Iron Man 3", "Blue Velvet", "The Hudsucker Proxy", "A Walk to Remember", "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood", and the televison series "Dawson's Creek", "One Tree Hill", "Surface", "Revolution", "Under the Dome", and "Sleepy Hollow".
Wilmington is the home of the North Carolina Azalea Festival, the Cape Fear Blues Festival, Riverfest, and many other yearly events that make this city one of the cultural centers of North Carolina.
Residential Neighborhoods in Wilmington
Condos and Townhomes for Sale in Wilmington
Wilmington Online Resources
- City of Wilmington, NC
- Wilmington/Cape Fear Coast Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- New Hanover County Schools
- University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW)
- Cape Fear Community College
Parks and Recreation:
Closest Major Airports:
1. Wilmington International Airport (ILM) - in Wilmington
2. Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) - 1-1/2 hour drive
3. Raleigh-Durham (RDU) - 2 hour drive
4. Charlotte Douglas Intl Airport (CLT) - 3-1/2 hour drive
Public Boat Ramps:
Just Listed in Wilmington NC!
Stunning Craftsman cottage with over 1600 square feet of living space on a corner lot in historic Carolina Place. The large front porch & porch swing will beckon you! In...
- Courtesy ofCoastal Select Properties
A very desirable Terrace plan w/ expansive 225 sf wrap around balcony overlooking trees, pond & fountain. A coastal inspired open floor plan w/ a large bar that seats 4 &...
- Courtesy ofIntracoastal Realty Corp
This is an incredible opportunity that doesn't come along very often to have your own horse farm. With almost 10 acres of beautiful land, this dream property is a horse l...
- Courtesy ofRE/MAX Essential
This low maintenance, all brick Megan's Place home has been freshly repainted and is ready for new owners! Whether enjoying a meal or entertaining friends, you'll absolut...
- Courtesy ofIntracoastal Realty Corp
Exceptional low country brick home offers high style and comfortable elegance. Quality craftsmanship and thoughtful design abound throughout the 3300 square foot 4 bed, 4...
- Courtesy ofIntracoastal Realty Corp.
Space for all the extras. Ready for immediate occupancy. 3 bedroom split level. Loaded with updates. Custom remodeled kitchen is a dream. All new cabinets, solid surface ...
- Courtesy ofColdwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
A must see, all brick, very well kept home in Rivers Edge. 3 BR + room over garage, 2 BA at nearly 2400 sqft. This home boasts high vaulted ceilings throughout living a...
- Courtesy ofNetwork Real Estate
Situated in a quiet cul de sac community this stunning home features 5BR/3.5BA, an impressive 2-story foyer, formal dining, formal living, family room & 2 fireplaces with...
- Courtesy ofBlueCoast Realty Corporation
Beautiful Low Country style 3/4 bedroom home in desirable Greymarsh Crossing! It's hard to beat this location! Just a couple of minutes to Wrightsville Beach and Mayfair ...
- Courtesy ofShoreline Realty
$3,000 seller paid closing costs on this home, restrictions apply. The Eaton plan by DR Horton is 1733 sq feet and designed for easy living with an open floor plan. This ...
- Courtesy ofD.R. Horton, Inc
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…